Care & Maintenance
All of Bella Glass products are LEAD FREE, and safe for use with
Preparing New Glassware
- Before using the glassware, we recommend that you thoroughly wash
the glassware with a mild liquid detergent and a non-abrasive
cloth, sponge or brush. Rinse the glassware thoroughly and dry
with a soft cloth.
- This glassware is dishwasher safe, however, hand washing is
recommended to preserve the beauty and longevity of the glassware.
- To properly clean the glassware, use a mild liquid soap or
detergent and a non-abrasive cloth, sponge or brush. Thoroughly
scrub the glassware, making sure to clean all the surfaces. Rinse
with tap water. Be sure to wash away any remaining soap or
- Brushes with wooden or plastic handles are recommended, as they
will not scratch or abrade the surface.
- Glassware should be cleaned immediately after use to avoid
caked-on residue. If you canít wash it right away, we recommend
soaking the glassware in hot water.
- Cutting and/or carving directly on glass can cause scratches or
breakage. Use care when using sharp utensils on or around
- Store glassware on shelves lined with flannel backed plastic or
- Donít store glassware in newsprint for extended periods of time
because it can bring sodium oxide to the surface, giving the glass
a hazy appearance.
- Most cupboards or china cabinets are not dust proof. To reduce
dust buildup, store glassware inside padded containers.
- Due to the uneven nature of thermally formed cast glass, we
recommend that you use adequate padding between glass plates and
platters when storing them. This should help prevent scratches and
- If you choose to display your glassware on a wall or shelf, use
adequate supports and restraints to make sure it wonít fall.
- Do not use scratched, chipped or cracked glassware. Discard
immediately to avoid injury.
- Do not put this glassware in the microwave, oven, or
- Do not pour boiling oil or water onto the glassware.
- Do not juggle glassware. Itís just not sensible.
- Do not expose the glassware to direct flame. Manufacturer
not responsible for any dire consequences resulting from a bad
- Bella Glass products are made from non-tempered glass, and
as all such glass products, they can break. Please handle
responsibly. The manufacturer and/or supplier are not
responsible for any injuries you may receive in handling the
glass, broken or otherwise.
- Due to the manufacturing process, each piece of cast glass
is unique. There can be variations in the textures and patterns.
- Bubbles or other imperfections within the glass are common
and not a cause for concern.